job description -1
title – staff nurse male \ female
location – different hospital departments
she is the nurse who works within the frame of the nursing division and hospital policies and regulations.
she works under supervision of the head nurse and is assessed by her.
she performs the nursing duties as nurse who fills the patient needs and participates in setting and executing the nursing care plans in both prevention and curative spheres.
she must be physically, mentally and psychologically fit.
Arabic and English language is required.
function and responsibilities:
- she is responsible for providing a nursing care for a group of patient assigned by the head nurse.
- estimate the patient’s needs.
- develop the plan of nursing care for each patient and must write her plans.
- provide healthy atmosphere for her patient.
- execute the nursing policies and regulations.
- prepare all medical and nursing equipment and tools prior to any procedure undertaken on the patient as well as to prepare the patient physically and psychologically for that procedure.
- to have the capacity to undertake the necessary procedure in the event of the emergency and to report same.
- to observe patient closely and to register all her observation in the concerned records and report the information.
- to help the patient and feed them when necessary.
- to maintain order during visiting hours.
- to participate in instructing the patient and their relatives during the visiting hours.
- to be informed about the equipment available in her section and the correct operating procedure as well as to report in any failure there.
- to be economical in her usage of the disposal tools and items.
- she should work within the hospital policy and regulation and maintain the required standard of quality of care.
- to increase and update her knowledge and attend the in service education program.
- to be able to assist her self with her daily assignment and follow the instructions issued by her supervisor.
- to show her capacity and readiness for performing all similar works.
B.Sc in nursing or Diploma in nursing
those who graduate from outside school as general diploma in nursing, 2 years of experience is required.