clinical instructor job description
functions within the framework of the established statement of objectives and policies of the division of nursing and of the ministry of public health.
is under the normal supervision of the assistant director for staff development and the director of nursing of health service.
assists in promoting a safe environment conducive to high employee performance resulting in effective patient care.
assists in planning and conducting orientation and in-service education programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- interprets policies to patients and personnel.
- guides, directs, and evaluates performance of personnel.
- presents suggestions to improve patient services.
- interviews patients and families in assisting team members to develop nursing care plans based on nursing assessment.
- makes rounds with team members and physicians to determine an effective nursing approach to patient needs and problems.
- reviews nursing care plans to maintain the ongoing nursing process.
- offers guidance at nursing team conference.
- conduct classes and round rounds with nursing personnel on patient care.
- communicates with the head nurses and assistant directors recommendations concerning supply and equipment problems.
- co ordinates unit activities with those of students and faculty and offer suggestions to improve the learning experience of students when in the area.
- participates in staff meetings to improve the quality of care.
- performs other duties as assigned or directed by the director of nursing or her delegated representative.