Job description of quality nurse (QN)
1- JOB IDENTIFICATION:
Quality office and nursing director.
Health care employees of hospital and primary health care (PHC).
- nursing department
- quality and accreditation directorate
QN works within the framework of established objectives, policies and protocols of Quality and Accreditation Directorate, hospitals/PHC and nursing department. QN has the responsibility to facilitate improvement of service in health care facility according to the recommended standard of quality health care. QN works under the direct supervision of Quality & Accreditation Directorate and pursuit opportunities for continuous improvement.
3- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- participates in quality committees in accordance with their approved rules and regulation in the hospital/PHC.
- collects quality indicators data in coordination with health care department and communicate the results and recommendation with concerned department.
- participates in quality improvement studies and follows the result and recommendation.
- identifies and prioritizes health care related problems and solve it using quality improvement tools and communicates result to concern department.
- follows up implementation of quality and accreditation directorate plans and programs.
- educates, and trains hospital/PHC personnel on quality, safety and accreditation programs.
- ensure patient satisfaction survey is conducted within the health care organization and follow up the results and recommendations.
- participates in accreditation programs and follow up the implementation of required standard in coordination with accreditation coordinators.
- participates in accreditation MOCK survey.
- participates in development of necessary safety policies required to improve the safety and quality of health care.
- monitors the implementation of safety programs in health care organization using safety indicators.
- prepares and submits individual report of quality office activities every six months to the quality accreditation directorate and concerned authority.
- participates in the preparation of semiannual/ annual report of quality office activities and achievement and submit to Quality and Accreditation Directorate and concerned authority.
- attends quality and Accreditation Directorate periodic meeting.
- participates/ attends in the training program held by the quality and Accreditation Directorate.
- participates in the team assignment for specific tasks related to the quality, safety and Accreditation program in the quality and Accreditation Directorate.
- carries out additional work-related assignment entrusted to his/her in the field of quality, safety and accreditation.
4-QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in nursing with 2 years experience.
- associate degree in nursing with 4 years experience.
- master degree in nursing with 2 years experience in Kuwait.
- bachelor degree in nursing with 3 years experience in Kuwait.
valid ICDL(International Computer Drive License) certificate.
valid Kuwait nursing license.
must complete Q-A training program.
- possess verbal and written communication skills in Arabic/English language.
- possess critical thinking and analysis skills.
- demonstrates professionalism and positive personality.
- possess good physical and mental health.